12% Back the Individual Mandate in 2014

NWBenefitProvider, you have sucessfully completed the hazing process. Ah, and since I see you are from Washington State, the land of Hillarycare, that explains why your choice is a logical one. Since you now have 40 posts, it may be late to say this, but welcome to the forum.

NWBenefitProvider, you have sucessfully completed the hazing process. Ah, and since I see you are from Washington State, the land of Hillarycare, that explains why your choice is a logical one. Since you now have 40 posts, it may be late to say this, but welcome to the forum.

Thanks! I suppose this is an interesting state to start an insurance career. I'm really just following in my dad's footsteps, who started here in the 1970's. I grew up around insurance and sort of assumed that other states were pretty similar to what we have. I guess not!

I'm really enjoying the forums. I plan on asking zillions of questions to learn from the seasoned experts, but also will gladly share my experiences and knowledge when the opportunity presents.

Thanks! I suppose this is an interesting state to start an insurance career. I'm really just following in my dad's footsteps, who started here in the 1970's. I grew up around insurance and sort of assumed that other states were pretty similar to what we have. I guess not!

I'm really enjoying the forums. I plan on asking zillions of questions to learn from the seasoned experts, but also will gladly share my experiences and knowledge when the opportunity presents.

No most states are not like that. Basically because of your states provisions you have little exposure not the way it would be in most of our states.

That's what is wrong with healthcare.

No, what's wrong with the the national discussion is that when we talk about the problems with health care, we ignore health care and focus on health insurance. There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing being done to make health care more accessible or affordable. The only thing that is going on is making health insurance more accessible. This will only compound the problem with access and affordability of health care. But let's not let facts get in the way of politics. And yes, I hope the .gov is reading this.

Edited to add:
My rant isn't necessarily pointed at you, NWBenefitProvider, but until the low information crowd gets that message, we as agents will struggle.

Last edited:
No, what's wrong with the the national discussion is that when we talk about the problems with health care, we ignore health care and focus on health insurance. There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing being done to make health care more accessible or affordable. The only thing that is going on is making health insurance more accessible. This will only compound the problem with access and affordability of health care. But let's not let facts get in the way of politics. And yes, I hope the .gov is reading this.

Edited to add:
My rant isn't necessarily pointed at you, NWBenefitProvider, but until the low information crowd gets that message, we as agents will struggle.

I see your point. No worries. I'm sort of lumping in the health insurance along with healthcare in general. I must agree that not enough is being done to curb costs at the provider / patient level. Several of my friends are in various medical fields and agree that there is way too much over-regulation, docs completing non-essential tests out of fear of lawsuits, etc. Not really sure what the answer is, but I know that the ACA is FAR from it.

Back