18 and just starting

Bryant Francom

Utah
I got my combined life, health, and casualty license a month after I turned 18. I have decided after talking to several veterans in the field that I wouldn't sell insurance to family or friends until I have my own agency.
I'm currently looking for a company to work with, I want to work for a company that provides leads and is in the health insurance space. Any thoughts?
Eventually I want to start my own agency and sell group health insurance. Any advice would be great

I got my combined life, health, and casualty license a month after I turned 18. I have decided after talking to several veterans in the field that I wouldn't sell insurance to family or friends until I have my own agency.
I'm currently looking for a company to work with, I want to work for a company that provides leads and is in the health insurance space. Any thoughts?
Eventually I want to start my own agency and sell group health insurance. Any advice would be great
Very impressive to be 18 and know what you want to do. Congrats and good luck.
I'd check with this guy. He's pretty smart and he likes the Karate Kid.:yes:
V
V
V
DHK (insurance-forums.com)

Last edited:
Do what I had to do at 29 and during the Great Recession. Move in with your parents and fake it until you make it.
You’re young and that’s awesome you are wanting to make a career of it. If you get free leads you’re going to give up commission and/or renewals. But you’re new and you need training so it can be a good trade off.

Id recommend interviewing with local independent shops and be sure to interview them. Believe you me, they want you more than you want them.

I actually DID learn Karate from Sensei Fumio Demura (Miyagi stunt double) for a year in this dojo about 30 years ago. Now imminent domain seized it to widen the road in Santa Ana.

Last edited:
Btw, I chatted with William Christopher Ford (Dennis in KK3) in the comments here:

Oh and Sean Kanan (Mike Barnes) was willing to sign a photo saying "There ain't nothing you got that I can't counter! Your financial planning is a joke!" I might still take him up on it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back