44M NS with Recent Sleep Apnia/depression

NLewisOhio

What would be a good carrier in Ohio for a 44yo Male non smoker with sleep apnia that was treated with Cpap but has no longer been required treatment per Dr. since 2014. He has a non-compliant depression back in 2007 for not following up with his Dr. on it, never treated since and had a knotted small intestine back in 2004. Otherwise in good height and weight category. I am looking to pull together a term vs whole life illustration for him but not sure which company/rating to go with. Any help/advise would be great. I have only been working with final expense recently so I'm definitely in the dark on where to go with this one.

Quite frankly... I would find a impaired risk carrier in your state and start there. I wouldnt focus on the premium or rating so much on the front end as quite frankly underwriting is going to decide. If anything call the underwriting department at some carriers you deal with and explain the situation and have them answer it for you. Make sure to let the client know that final pricing comes AFTER the process is complete and nothing is final until its final. (thats how i do it at least... id much rather rate for a higher premium and come back with good news as opposed to rating to try and "get the business" only for it to walk because the rate is out of their comfort zone.

Quite frankly... I would find a impaired risk carrier in your state and start there. I wouldnt focus on the premium or rating so much on the front end as quite frankly underwriting is going to decide. If anything call the underwriting department at some carriers you deal with and explain the situation and have them answer it for you. Make sure to let the client know that final pricing comes AFTER the process is complete and nothing is final until its final. (thats how i do it at least... id much rather rate for a higher premium and come back with good news as opposed to rating to try and "get the business" only for it to walk because the rate is out of their comfort zone.

Thanks Billyboy. I'm trying to work that angle it makes the most sense. This is a former coworker from my car sales days so the trust is there, he knows I'm keeping his best interests in mind.

Back