Advice on Independent/cluster/MGA Options

Try TWFG in Texas. Also PGI in Denver as a previous poster suggested.

gulliver
I know this is horrific thread necromancy, but I just wanted to relate that I was looking for a company to assist with placing a personal auto quote for a client and reading this thread I contacted TWFG over the phone.

I received and earful about how "you independent guys who think you can work out of your house and do this stuff are delusional" and "you'll never make any money writing auto policies". ???

I told her that I have already written several commercial auto policies and was simply looking to assist another client with placing their personal auto coverage. She said they might be able to assist as a GA (they had access to 3 providers of interest), so I said, "Great! I have the ACORD forms completed and if you send me whatever contracting paperwork you need, I will complete it an send you the forms". Her response was that "you can't just contract with us, it will take you a month before a contract is issued". Strange, I've contracted with others in a matter of hours or days.

Someone's sure bitter. Don't know what's happened there since 2016, but I'd give them a hard pass in 2023.

Seven years is a long time. Also it is correct that it takes time to get appointed. Always has and current market is so hard no one seems to be interested in adding agents.

How you gonna bump a thread from *checks date* seven years ago? The only person that I know of thats still here is Marindependent...shout out to him for being here for at least 7 years

Last edited:
Back