Aetna's Puzzling Moves..

My Aetna rep still has not called me back, her name is
Trevia Smith. She wont return my calls, has a 38 sec greeting that waste my time and her mailbox is full..... worthless as teats on a boar hog.

If all the company reps were fired I would be happy... they are a drain on the system

It took Trevia "Boarhog" Smith 16 days, but she eventually got back to me last month to say that Aetna will let agents know all the important stuff in the Fall. :laugh:

Agreed. And the FMO system should have went out with the typewriter. I deal direct with carriers whenever possible but some still force this "pyramid" scheme on us. FMO's are just recruiters in my book.Twenty two years in the biz I know more about it than they do especially the staffers. They hide behind their computers all day afraid to answer the phone. In the old days they trained in seminars(free food) today webinars. They sent supplies,today print everything out use your own ink. In this day of low commission can't afford to let them take up to 20% over-ride for what ? I am hearing the system of the over-ride FMO's may take a major hit in the medical insurance field. About time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The sales rep I have is great. She returns calls and helps out. She's a real "corporate" person but that's her job as she represents one carrier. Aetna, has good individual plans and rates in my state. The underwriting is reasonable. Rate increases usually moderate. Good brand recognition. Website Producer World excellent but sales link not user friendly. Brokers services department best of any individual plan carrier I deal with. Commissions okay,Bonus plan good. Future commissions and strategy a MAJOR concern as they have been know to cut Agent/Broker off at the knees in the past as when MLR went into effect.

Last edited:
If Aetna personnel read this thread, I want to give a shout out to Janice VanVogt and Mike Duffy, my reps who are always timely in responding to my inquiries. And their top producer service desk is to notch and always a phone call away, with no wait, when those two are not available.

Yagents, obviously you deal a lot with this carrier. What is your response to the comments I have made in this thread and your take on the "repurchasing strategy" particularly as it pertains to commissions. Please message me if you wish. Thanks for any input.

If Aetna personnel read this thread, I want to give a shout out to Janice VanVogt and Mike Duffy, my reps who are always timely in responding to my inquiries. And their top producer service desk is to notch and always a phone call away, with no wait, when those two are not available.

suck up......................................

Back