Agency Aquisition Financing

When opening a small agency, be prepared to face problems. When trying to get financial assistance, these businesses usually face rejection of capital to finance their growth. Lenders refuse small companies because it is incredibly time-consuming, challenging, and unprofitable on their part. Therefore, banks and other lending institutions are not always willing to lend to start-ups and small businesses. That happens very often, but surprisingly, I have not seen this happen at any factoring companies in San Antonio. So you can try them if you are in the area. As a small business owner, I can wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Go for your goal, and everything will work out.

Last edited:
Not sure what kind of "agency" you are referring to, and while I've never been in the market for an agency -- not too many years ago, my partner who was a former associate GA for one of the big mutuals, and I were contacted to see if we would be potentially interested in buying a general agency. The home office offered financing. I would think for the captive, GA, etc., type of agency, a carrier might be a lender. Maybe, maybe not. LOL.

Back