Agent of Record

policywonk

Expert
An agent friend was unaware that her AOR was switched by Aetna 11/1/2022 to another agent then she enrolls this same person in a new Aetna plan for 1/1/2024.On most recent renewal commission statement she gets paid renewals going back to 11/1/2022 .Is this a mistake by Aetna if not i assume the other claim jumping agent gets chargebacks ?

An agent friend was unaware that her AOR was switched by Aetna 11/1/2022 to another agent then she enrolls this same person in a new Aetna plan for 1/1/2024.On most recent renewal commission statement she gets paid renewals going back to 11/1/2022 .Is this a mistake by Aetna if not i assume the other claim jumping agent gets chargebacks ?

Aetna pays the AOR for the FULL CALENDAR YEAR, not pro-rating a chargeback for fractions of a year to the original writing agent (or so I thought). From your statement, she received a lump sum on the most recent commission dating back to 2022. It is not easy to say how it happened, just smile and accept.

Aetna pays the AOR for the FULL CALENDAR YEAR, not pro-rating a chargeback for fractions of a year to the original writing agent (or so I thought). From your statement, she received a lump sum on the most recent commission dating back to 2022. It is not easy to say how it happened, just smile and accept.

I’ve rarely written Aetna because of the ease to Aor an agent . My regional told me if you have a 1/1 effective date and are aor’ed 2/1 you keep the yr commission . The new agent is the Aor immediately but no comp until 1/1 the following yr . The orginal agent will not be charged back . That’s how it works with WellCare

I’ve rarely written Aetna because of the ease to Aor an agent . My regional told me if you have a 1/1 effective date and are aor’ed 2/1 you keep the yr commission . The new agent is the Aor immediately but no comp until 1/1 the following yr . The orginal agent will not be charged back . That’s how it works with WellCare

I have seen were the new agent started getting paid right away no matter what month the AOR was switched.- as long it was after the initial calendar year on plan. This is a weird situation because i doubt Aetna is paying both agents for 11/1/2022 -12/31/2023

Back