Any of y'all come across this plan? (Florida)

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
came across a 98/yo gentleman with a plan called "Florida Blue Supplemental 65"
he pays $224 every 2 months for it. He is "not sure" if it has a network, and has no RX coverage. But he pays $15 out of pocket every time he sees a doctor. He has been on the plan for "at least 25 years", and it is not an employer sponsored plan.

He is the father of a client of mine, and needs help with his RX costs. Before I can even start thinking about a solution, I need to know what I am working with.

Any thought on what kind of plan this is? I have never come across it before.

I'm not sure when, but I know it was in the 90s that Supplements became standardized. Is it possible he still has one of those old Med Supp plans? I would probably do a 3 way call with him to CS to find out more about the benefits if no one here has any more insight.

I'm not sure when, but I know it was in the 90s that Supplements became standardized. Is it possible he still has one of those old Med Supp plans? I would probably do a 3 way call with him to CS to find out more about the benefits if no one here has any more insight.
My initial thought was that it may be a pre-standardized supplement as well, but I don't know much about them. I tried calling my fl blue market manager, but its impossible to get him on the phone

My initial thought was that it may be a pre-standardized supplement as well, but I don't know much about them. I tried calling my fl blue market manager, but its impossible to get him on the phone
Stephanie had the right answer, call BCBS CS at the # on the back of his card.

MedSupps were standardized 30 years ago. I can't imagine that a 98 year old would only be paying $112 a month for a 30 year old policy.

Stephanie had the right answer, call BCBS CS at the # on the back of his card.

MedSupps were standardized 30 years ago. I can't imagine that a 98 year old would only be paying $112 a month for a 30 year old policy.

Been selling in Florida for over 30 years and I have seen some very old people with low cost BCBS plans especially if they took it out at age 65.This sounds like a non standard plan.BCBS in Fl allows to switch plans and retain entry age rate so if OP is trying to help client I would ask BCBS if he can switch to new standard plan and retain age 65 rate .

looks like the florida blue consumer website will allow you to enter his medicare number and policy number and get the information you need.: need Shop for BlueMedicare Supplement Plans | Florida Blue

Back