Any One Know of a Good Free Lead FE Outfit

Newby that's terrible advice for the average new agent who most likely has a wife and 1 or 2 kids. His avg expenses are $3-$4k a month. He needs a minimum of 3-4 months of living expenses.The avg agent has a learning curve of 3 months learning everything from the presentation to setting appts to logistics. Also remember the 20-25% chargebacks and not takens you already got paid on. With no reserves a few bad weeks and some chargebacks and you got zero cash flow.Id advise most people to enter this business part time and learn it while you have other cash flow. Most people fail in this business not because they're terrible sales people are lazy but because they're undercapitalized and just don't have the reserves to withstand down cycles.

Newby that's terrible advice for the average new agent who most likely has a wife and 1 or 2 kids. His avg expenses are $3-$4k a month. He needs a minimum of 3-4 months of living expenses.The avg agent has a learning curve of 3 months learning everything from the presentation to setting appts to logistics. Also remember the 20-25% chargebacks and not takens you already got paid on. With no reserves a few bad weeks and some chargebacks and you got zero cash flow.Id advise most people to enter this business part time and learn it while you have other cash flow. Most people fail in this business not because they're terrible sales people are lazy but because they're undercapitalized and just don't have the reserves to withstand down cycles.

I agree that more money would be ideal. And going into business for yourself when broke is a huge gamble. But I would bet on the guy with 5-weeks of lead expense and a burn the bridges attitude way before the guy looking for free leads and 60% contracts.

A broke guy jumping into owning any business is going to have a skinny wife and kids his first couple of years. Insurance is no exception. But if he can avoid the traps he stands a fighting chance.

The free lead folly has been explained in detail ad nauseum on this forum, so I'm not going to repeat what has already been explained.

I tell agents both new and old if investing in leads is not practical, then this business is really not for you. Investing in leads comes at many price points. The most affordable, albeit the most work intensive is buying a targeted marketing list and a seat on a dialer - start smiling and dialing. For about $100 and your time start generating your own exclusive leads.

If I were piss poor broke, I would rather do it this way at street comp rather than sell my soul and take it in the a** with a "free" leads program.

I second and third this! Now, if I could get my hands on a $100! :1cute:

----------

I agree that more money would be ideal. And going into business for yourself when broke is a huge gamble. But I would bet on the guy with 5-weeks of lead expense and a burn the bridges attitude way before the guy looking for free leads and 60% contracts.

A broke guy jumping into owning any business is going to have a skinny wife and kids his first couple of years. Insurance is no exception. But if he can avoid the traps he stands a fighting chance.

And I third and fourth this! No funny thing-a-ma-jig icon either.

You make it sound like having a skinny wife is a bad thing. I always thought it was the goal!

Lots of truth here....if someone has $4,000 of living expenses, it'll take $7,000 net every month including chargebacks, etc. to take care of that along with leads, taxes, etc. That's another thing that's different for new agents. Taxes aren't withheld so it takes more discipline to withhold enough during the year for taxes, including double the SS tax that they would normally pay as an employee. Sales is definitely not for everyone. I'm still wondering if it's for me after 10 years, lol.

Back