Anyone Hear of HD Vest?

qfs

Expert
Hello!! I am looking into a new BD and was sent info from a company called HD Vest. I looked into them a little and they seem to cater to Tax Professionals. They offer both a BD/Advisory and General Insurance agency. GDC requirements seem to be fairly modest and comp is competitive. They will allow insurance production to count towards meeting the GDC requirement. I know they were a subsidiary of wells Fargo and have since been sold off to Parthenon Capital...Just curious to see if anyone has any experience with them?

Just to play devil's advocate, I'd ask them about compliance.

If you are looking for a place with low GDC requirements, you obviously are not a big securities producer. Therefore you won't have someone on staff to handle compliance and are unlikely to personally invest the time on a small part of your business. So my question to them would be, how you are going to help me stay compliant without being an overbearing big brother?

That is accurate. I am not a big producer, although I have a decent book of business. I have not asked them about compliance but that is certainly good advice and will do so in my next conversation with them. I haven't run across them while researching this forum so I'm just looking for anyone with any feedback on them....I thought it was somewhat strange that there name was no where in any thread.

HD Vest was my last BD in 2002, the last year I held my S7.

I had no problems with them. At the time a lot of the retail brokers were all about capturing assets and going RIA.

In the States that allow accounts to sell, HD Vest was at one time the largest BD with accountants.

They will keep you in compliance and it is up to you to follow the compliance. I remember having to have my letterhead restructured because the HDV compliance would not allow the fonts I had used.

Hello!! I am looking into a new BD and was sent info from a company called HD Vest. I looked into them a little and they seem to cater to Tax Professionals. They offer both a BD/Advisory and General Insurance agency. GDC requirements seem to be fairly modest and comp is competitive. They will allow insurance production to count towards meeting the GDC requirement. I know they were a subsidiary of wells Fargo and have since been sold off to Parthenon Capital...Just curious to see if anyone has any experience with them?

Last edited:
Back