Anyone selling Manhatten life?

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi Friends,

The rep for Manhatten is on vacation but sent me some guidlines that didn't make sense.
  • -12 mth waiting period for OUT OF POCKET plan??? (something about pre-existing conditions)???
  • -How can this be?
  • -YOU MEAN to tell me that someone must wait 12mths before they get covered?
'There is a 12 month pre-ex on the policy so anything currently wrong with the applicant would not be covered for 12 months, assuming they medically qualify for the policy. There are also permanent exclusions on the policy which are on page four of the attached brochure.'​
  • -medical examine?
  • -permanent exclusions?
  • -12mth wait for pre-existing?
(waiting for Rep to get back to me but)...Its starting to sound like a 'Bad Deal' Policy...

Anyone Selling it??

Thanks

Hi Friends,

The rep for Manhatten is on vacation but sent me some guidlines that didn't make sense.
  • -12 mth waiting period for OUT OF POCKET plan??? (something about pre-existing conditions)???
  • -How can this be?
  • -YOU MEAN to tell me that someone must wait 12mths before they get covered?
'There is a 12 month pre-ex on the policy so anything currently wrong with the applicant would not be covered for 12 months, assuming they medically qualify for the policy. There are also permanent exclusions on the policy which are on page four of the attached brochure.'​
  • -medical examine?
  • -permanent exclusions?
  • -12mth wait for pre-existing?
(waiting for Rep to get back to me but)...Its starting to sound like a 'Bad Deal' Policy...

Anyone Selling it??

Thanks
Mike.. The 12 month waiting period is only for any condition you were treated for in the 12 months before you bought the policy. That means if you were being treated for an stomach ulcer at the time you bought the policy, you would not be covered for that condition until you have had the policy for 12 months. You will be covered for everything else. For example, if you had a heart attack a month after buying the policy that would be covered...

If you have the brochure or outline of coverage, the permanent exclusions are listed.

No medical exam is required to apply.

Mike.. The 12 month waiting period is only for any condition you were treated for in the 12 months before you bought the policy. That means if you were being treated for an stomach ulcer at the time you bought the policy, you would not be covered for that condition until you have had the policy for 12 months. You will be covered for everything else. For example, if you had a heart attack a month after buying the policy that would be covered...

If you have the brochure or outline of coverage, the permanent exclusions are listed.

No medical exam is required to apply.

Ok..thanks Louis...

Back