Applying to UHC Supp w/o Medicare #

Background:
I have a client who applied for his Medicare on April 9, but his application has still not been processed. I usually will help them with an online application for Medicare, but he didn't know this and was waiting to contact me until after he received his Medicare number. He has reached out several times and never gotten a response from the lady at the local office who did his app. I have gotten him connected with someone at our local senators office who has helped with Medicare issues for clients of mine in the past.

Question:
In the mean time, is there a way to get him signed up with UHC (he specifically wants this carrier) without actually having the Medicare #? His medicare is supposed to have started 6/1/21.

I had the exact same issue a couple of months ago. I spoke with a helpful rep at UHC and she suggested I submit the Med Supp app and substitute the MBI with the client's social security, followed by an "A", like the old days. The online portal accepted this. Once the actual MBI comes through, you (the agent) need to submit an "AARP Medicare Supplement General Information Change (Fiorm 1)," with the correct MBI number. Good luck.

I had the exact same issue a couple of months ago. I spoke with a helpful rep at UHC and she suggested I submit the Med Supp app and substitute the MBI with the client's social security, followed by an "A", like the old days. The online portal accepted this. Once the actual MBI comes through, you (the agent) need to submit an "AARP Medicare Supplement General Information Change (Fiorm 1)," with the correct MBI number. Good luck.

Steph...this works. I've done it. :)

Background:
I have a client who applied for his Medicare on April 9, but his application has still not been processed. I usually will help them with an online application for Medicare, but he didn't know this and was waiting to contact me until after he received his Medicare number. He has reached out several times and never gotten a response from the lady at the local office who did his app. I have gotten him connected with someone at our local senators office who has helped with Medicare issues for clients of mine in the past.

Question:
In the mean time, is there a way to get him signed up with UHC (he specifically wants this carrier) without actually having the Medicare #? His medicare is supposed to have started 6/1/21.

You can leave the medicare # field blank continue application- then phone it in when you get it.

if you write in the ssn, they can get the MBI.

This is assuming SSA actually processed the application and created an MBI. Plans can't get what doesn't exist. But yes, they do have a CMS-created lookup tool available.

Back