Appointment Background Question

Thanks. Yep, it's already closed at a different part of the application.

So, do you think the question on the application I quoted here in my post is specifically referring to insurance and related convictions? And that I wouldn't put my theft here but would put it with the other question about misdemeanor convictions?

Your making a mountain out of a mole-hill. Disclose everywhere it looks like it might apply. Someone will read it on the other end.

EXPLAIN what happen and even say; 'Not sure if this applies here but in 2011, i was convicted for xyz. I paid my fine, did probation, etc.'

End of story...

Your making a mountain out of a mole-hill. Disclose everywhere it looks like it might apply. Someone will read it on the other end.

EXPLAIN what happen and even say; 'Not sure if this applies here but in 2011, i was convicted for xyz. I paid my fine, did probation, etc.'

End of story...

Makes sense. Thanks again

Thanks for your response.

So are you sure this question is in reference to insurance related crimes? Don't take offense I just want to be sure. It seems to me that way also.

I already put forth my convictions, explained them and presented documentation. So, if I listed them there at that question also, it would be a bit redundant. I don't have any insurance related charges or convictions. I do have a theft on my record though from way back, which also has already been presented in the application.

If this question wasn't specifically for the insurance industry, then I would probably include the theft again here, because it could be a type of "wrongful taking of property", but I don't even know what wrongful taking of property is referring to. Lol.

Anyways, this is really important to me so I appreciate your insight.
The way I read it, it's asking about insurance related crimes. Many ask about both personal and insurance.

Unless there's a specific time limit, you need to disclose everything.

I have an industry friend of mine who had to go to court for a robbery charge. It was dropped, but he still had it disclosed on his FINRA U-4 under criminal charges because it was a felony. It was a long time ago (at least 25 years) but he still had to disclose it.

Best rule of thumb: best to over-disclose than trying to under-disclose and appearing trying to hide something. It's the insurance company's job to determine whether it's material or not... not your job.

Why? The doctrine of agency. You can appear to be an agent of the company even before you contract with them. This is an advanced life insurance legal issue. So the question is... do they want you to represent them? I'm sure they would rather have you disclose in full faith than not.

Just my opinion.

Back