Areas of Interest

daviddittoau

I am an agent working in Auburn, Al. I'm calling different businesses to talk about referrals for homeowners and auto. Any suggestions of places to call?

Loan officers and Real Estate Agents seem to be the best avenues to network and generate leads. Go around to your local offices with a dozen donuts and introduce yourself.

That's why loan officers and real estate agents are fat. Every P & C guy and gal out there is bringing them crap to eat.
Why call businesses for homeowners and auto referrals? Are you specializing in business insurance that insures places of business and fleets?
I would get a scrubbed list and call every homeowner in your county. That's a good start. If they own a home, they probably have autos to insure.
Also, spend some Saturdays going door to door introducing yourself. Hand out some freebies with your info attached. Going direct to your market beats calling random businesses and asking for referrals.

Good advice PCB and also consider using a dialer. An inexpensive simple single line dialer will do two things 1) double and triple your outbound call volume and 2) keep you from getting depressed with hand-dialing at 25-35 per hour.

Back