Auto Claim Question

Caveat, not an insurance agent.

I had a white vehicle that was more like 6-8 years old, instead of just 4, that took a bumper hit. I just bought a primed white bumper cover, assorted plastic rivets and a replacement parking light on ebay and replaced the cover myself after watching some youtube videos.

The white primer was a good enough match for the car's paint and the fiberglass wasn't going to rust like the old chrome bumpers used to.

I did take a chance on one of the shock absorbers under the bumper skin being damaged but I didn't think the hit was hard enough the risk was serious.

I don't know if that type of self repair is still possible on as late as a 2016 vehicle, but if I was in what sounds like your financial situation I would be checking the option out using sources like eBay, youtube and rockauto.

File the claim...One year is usually the cutoff to file a claim so you may be cutting it close.. it’s a comp claim, so you have to pay the deductible, but your rate will not be affected by it.. 1k deductible with no rate increase is better than paying 2500

Back