Avastin... Part B but D on MA?? How to help a poor widow?

Oh wow. My guess is he regrets that decision at this point (assuming he is getting the shots). I have a client who gets shots in her eyes (not sure if it's that medication though) and she gets assistance and pays zero for it (she's on a MAPD).

He had been getting & paying for the shots for almost a year when we talked. Surprised Anthem approved him. @vic120

What a fool . . .

Hi. I would first go to NEEDYMEDS.ORG. Depending on her diagnosis she might be approved by Genentech Oncology Access Solutions 888-249-4918, or the Brain Tumor Treatment Co-Payment Assistance Program 855-426-2672. She is well within the income requirements. Healthwell Foundation Copay Program 800-675-8416. Patient Access Network 866-316-7263.
In the state where she resides is there a elderly state prescription savings program? I am thinking because the drug is an injectable given at the doctor’s office it is a Part B drug and the part D won’t help with that drug but can be useful for her other meds.
Another idea is if she is new to Medicare and you have Supplemental plan K in her area, that will save in her cost also. Medicare will pay 80%, plan K will pay half of the 20% and she will pay the other half if the 20%. Plan K is affordable. I explain as after Medicare pays 80% of the approved cost of the drug , the Balance of 20% is split between them and the Supplement company.

I hope that helps your client.

Good Luck

Only if they can pass underwriting.

Op, is a long-term, experienced agent. To me, the original post suggested client could obtain Medigap coverage but financial concerns prevented her from doing so. The general tenor of the post suggested to me this might also be a situation where low commission concerns would be set aside. Hence my question.

Back