BC BS of MI Medigap cancellation fax #.... anyone?

I'm super new. What's MMS? Also, I'm in Grand Rapids, which part of Michigan are you in?

Learn About/Apply For the Michigan Medigap Subsidy
Michigan Medigap Subsidy

What is the Michigan Medigap Subsidy?
The Michigan Medigap Subsidy is a program that helps pay for Medigap coverage. If you qualify, you will pay less for your Medigap coverage. The program pays part of your premium (monthly cost) and you pay the rest.

How much less will I pay?
It depends on your age and whether you have a disability.

If you are: You pay:
65 – 74 years old $40 less
75 years or older $65 less
Under 65 years old with a disability $125 less

So, if you are 75 years or older and your monthly premium is $265, the program pays $65 and you pay the remaining $200.

Older seniors and people with disabilities have higher Medigap premiums, so they get more money off their premiums.

Is the subsidy the amount I have to pay?
No. The subsidy is not the amount you have to pay. The subsidy is money that we pay to your Medigap insurer. The money pays for part of your premium (monthly cost) and you pay the rest.

Is the subsidy a fee or additional cost?
No. The subsidy is not a fee or additional cost. The subsidy is money that we pay to your Medigap insurer to make your bill lower.

How do you define "disability"?
We use your Medigap insurer's definition of "disability." To learn more, call your Medigap insurer.

Why doesn’t the program pay the money directly to me?
We pay the money directly to your insurer to lower the amount you pay each month. If we paid the money to you, then you would have to pay a higher amount and wait to get paid back part of it. It might also cause problems with any other income-related benefits you get.

Is Blue Cross Blue Shield raising their rates because of this subsidy?
No. Blue Cross Blue Shield was required to lower their Medigap policy rates until August 2016. After that date, they were allowed to raise their rates. This subsidy was provided to offset some of the expected rate increase.

How long will the program last?
It will last for five years or until funding ends, whichever comes first. By the end of 2018, we will be able to tell you how long the program will last.

If you are approved in 2017, you do not need to reapply for 2018. However, you may need to reapply for future years.

Do all Medigap insurers participate in the program?
No. At this time, these insurers participate:

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Blue Care Network
  • UnitedHealthcare AARP® Medicare Supplement
  • Priority Health

Learn About/Apply For the Michigan Medigap Subsidy
Michigan Medigap Subsidy

What is the Michigan Medigap Subsidy?
The Michigan Medigap Subsidy is a program that helps pay for Medigap coverage. If you qualify, you will pay less for your Medigap coverage. The program pays part of your premium (monthly cost) and you pay the rest.

How much less will I pay?
It depends on your age and whether you have a disability.

If you are: You pay:
65 – 74 years old $40 less
75 years or older $65 less
Under 65 years old with a disability $125 less

So, if you are 75 years or older and your monthly premium is $265, the program pays $65 and you pay the remaining $200.

Older seniors and people with disabilities have higher Medigap premiums, so they get more money off their premiums.

Is the subsidy the amount I have to pay?
No. The subsidy is not the amount you have to pay. The subsidy is money that we pay to your Medigap insurer. The money pays for part of your premium (monthly cost) and you pay the rest.

Is the subsidy a fee or additional cost?
No. The subsidy is not a fee or additional cost. The subsidy is money that we pay to your Medigap insurer to make your bill lower.

How do you define "disability"?
We use your Medigap insurer's definition of "disability." To learn more, call your Medigap insurer.

Why doesn’t the program pay the money directly to me?
We pay the money directly to your insurer to lower the amount you pay each month. If we paid the money to you, then you would have to pay a higher amount and wait to get paid back part of it. It might also cause problems with any other income-related benefits you get.

Is Blue Cross Blue Shield raising their rates because of this subsidy?
No. Blue Cross Blue Shield was required to lower their Medigap policy rates until August 2016. After that date, they were allowed to raise their rates. This subsidy was provided to offset some of the expected rate increase.

How long will the program last?
It will last for five years or until funding ends, whichever comes first. By the end of 2018, we will be able to tell you how long the program will last.

If you are approved in 2017, you do not need to reapply for 2018. However, you may need to reapply for future years.

Do all Medigap insurers participate in the program?
No. At this time, these insurers participate:

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Blue Care Network
  • UnitedHealthcare AARP® Medicare Supplement
  • Priority Health
A+ Jersey!!!!

Back