Brand new & seeking guidance

LilSammy

I’m a newly licensed health agent in Florida looking to start with aca as well as flat out paid plans. I generated leads and basically wrote plans on Licensed for a Florida blue agency here in my state. I never realized there would be so much to this and I’m wondering if my original plan of going directly with the carriers is to ambitious for someone as it was me . Can someone give a little guidance on the fmo route please? Who has the best support system & does not try to own my book of business etc? Thank you all in advance.

Just make sure you interview them and see if they offer the things you feel you need to succeed. Carrier contract availability, bonus opportunities, technology platforms, CRM, etc. Ask how they pay commissions and who the AOR is on the policies you write. Everyone has different needs so don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.

If they act annoyed or that you aren't worth the time to answer questions, probably not a good fit. I would also ask what their release policy is. If you aren't happy with them, it should be easy to leave.

I'm a rep for an FMO (not in FL) and the majority of our brokers come to us because their old FMO abandons them.

Just make sure you interview them and see if they offer the things you feel you need to succeed. Carrier contract availability, bonus opportunities, technology platforms, CRM, etc. Ask how they pay commissions and who the AOR is on the policies you write. Everyone has different needs so don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.

If they act annoyed or that you aren't worth the time to answer questions, probably not a good fit. I would also ask what their release policy is. If you aren't happy with them, it should be easy to leave.

I'm a rep for an FMO (not in FL) and the majority of our brokers come to us because their old FMO abandons them.

What Jim is saying is correct the most important part is making sure it is a good fit and to really test their patience and willingness to give you all the answers your looking for. Im also a rep for an FMO with Network Insurance Im not looking to contract you but if you ever wanted me to answer your questions you can email me or just reply to this. [email protected]

Thank you for your input. Do you have any that you recommend?
I would presonally recommend myself of course however I know that Intergrity has some good reps but some of my agents said that certain reps just contracted with them and didnt really help them at all after that. I feel like there are some reps in certain FMO's that help their agents out much more than others in terms of servicing them for their needs.
In terms of releases be careful getting contracted with some because they worst case can hold on to your contract and not release you. If that happens you can put in an "Intent to transfer" which would forcibly get you out but you need to wait 90 days from the day you sent it.

Back