BTIS Just Purchase by AmTrust !

Scottyj

Guru
100+ Post Club
Utah
I have seen a few agents on here including myself who use BTIS for their small contractors and artisans risks. I was just informed yesterday that they are or have been purchased by AmTrust.

We are appointed by AmTrust for WC and I have had a ton of success with them. Anyone know if the companies BTIS is offering will change due to the buyout?

I am really digging their Victory admitted GL through Navigators and hope this stays...

I have seen a few agents on here including myself who use BTIS for their small contractors and artisans risks. I was just informed yesterday that they are or have been purchased by AmTrust.

We are appointed by AmTrust for WC and I have had a ton of success with them. Anyone know if the companies BTIS is offering will change due to the buyout?

I am really digging their Victory admitted GL through Navigators and hope this stays...

I use BTIS all the time for the smaller policies. I haven't heard anything yet.

I use BTIS all the time for the smaller policies. I haven't heard anything yet.

well if you hear anything report back... I really hope this buyout or potential buyout does not change their products because like 9 times out of 10 the Victory admitted GL kicks butt !

Just a question, but your first idea was to post on here and not call the company?

I just dont understand some people

AmTrust took a big WC rate increase in CA for 1/1... We did well with them last year but their renewal quotes are coming in quite high as compared to Everest, ICW and Companion. I would guess BTIS will keep all the same programs but the paper may change from Navigators to AmTrust. They are a great little MGA that is very innovative and forward thinking... I am surprised that they were not swallowed up years ago.

Just a question, but your first idea was to post on here and not call the company?

I just dont understand some people

Well for one most companies are not to keen on discussing mergers or Acquisitions that are in the works with anyone outside of the company, unless you are super tight with them, figured someone on here would have more info on it, and being newer in the industry I dont know what to expect from this type of sitution...

Just got this email from BTIS............

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]January 03, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]Dear Valued Producer,[/FONT]
[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]We are proud to announce that AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (“AmTrust”) has acquired Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services, Inc. (“BTIS”). As a wholly owned AmTrust company, BTIS is very excited about the opportunity for future growth.[/FONT]
[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]The operation of BTIS shall be business as usual. BTIS will continue to provide you with outstanding products and services as an intermediary for multiple insurance carriers. In addition, BTIS is now part of the AmTrust family. This will enable BTIS to deliver a larger suite of products and services through our industry leading Victory online platform. Soon, you will see improvements, including new product offerings and enhanced income opportunities. Rest assured that the people at BTIS you have become accustomed to working with will remain. The current management group, including Norbert, Paul, Lisa, Jeff, and Jeff will also continue to manage BTIS and will work to continually improve our products and services.[/FONT]
[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]AmTrust (NASDAQ: AFSI) is a multinational specialty property and casualty insurance holding company, rated A IX by A.M. Best Co., with operations in the United States, Europe and Bermuda. AmTrust principally provides workers’ compensation, commercial packages and customized property and casualty coverages for small businesses, and extended warranty coverages for consumer and commercial goods. The partnership of AmTrust and BTIS provides a strategic alliance to foster the growth of BTIS while maintaining its role as an insurance intermediary with multiple carrier partners and products.[/FONT]
[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]Please contact us with any questions, comments or concerns. We look forward to continuing our relationship and a very bright future together.[/FONT]
[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]Sincerely,
[/FONT]
norb_sig.jpg

[FONT="Arial","sans-serif"]Norbert Hohlbein
President
Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services, Inc.[/FONT]

In the long run I think this is a very good thing. BTIS/Amtrust will end up being a multi-line carrier and it sounds like Markel/Firstcomp is trying to do the same. More options for our clients is a good thing as you can see several top carriers (Hartford, Travelers. Golden Eagle/Safeco, CNA) firming up their pricing and/or taking rate.

just rated my first Victory admitted GL through the Amtrust Admitted program. Such good rates, however I dont know if it will be much use for me know that we are getting a full appointment with AmTrust after several years of selling their WC...

Back