Car Was Hit, Body Shop / Insurance Can't Find Parts.

LB303

Hi All, I'm trying to get some advice on some body repairs that are needed on my car.

Long story short someone on a cellphone crossed a double yellow line, 2 lanes of oncoming traffic and hit my car. The rear drivers side door, rear drivers side fender, fuel door and rear bumper were all damaged. This happened early December 2020 and repairs have still not moved forward. The driver that hit me admitted fault, I made a claim with his insurance as well as my insurance and all payouts have been received to the tune of around $4.5k. I am working with a body shop I have used in the past, they are a national chain and did a fantastic job repairing my car when it had $13k+ worth of hail damage a few years ago. The problem that they (and Allstate) have run into is that they can't get parts. I had to junkyard source the rear door, they are able to get the rear fender and rear bumper but now they are running into issues getting parts that go behind the rear fender... They called me late last week requesting that I bring the car in so that they can put a camera behind the fender to see if the part is truly damaged, if it is then I am SoL as it is not made anymore and they have no way of getting it. Has anyone encountered anything like this before? If they truly can't get the part should I or the body shop go back to Allstate and request the car be totaled? I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into another scour junkyards for this elusive part quest, the rear door was already hard enough to find in decent condition.

TLDR; Car got hit, body shop and insurance can't find certain parts. Has anyone run into a similar issue before? My pessimistic side tells me that insurance will not total the car and I will end up selling it damaged at a significant hit to someone with time / resources to repair it and or turn it into a 100% track car.

Thanks,
LB

Hello,
Year: 2006
Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Lancer Evolution 9 MR

Thanks,
LB
LQK ONLINE. Looks like they have most body parts available online. Rear quarter, door skins, bumper and cover. They ship everywhere. Your car model is 15 years old. Dont hold out for OEM parts.

LQK ONLINE. Looks like they have most body parts available online. Rear quarter, door skins, bumper and cover. They ship everywhere. Your car model is 15 years old. Dont hold out for OEM parts.
Thanks for the info, have not seen that site before. Does it seem odd that a nation wide body shop wouldn't have looked there already though? At this point I just want the car fixed, track season is coming up quick so oem or aftermarket are fine by me. : )

Back