Carly Fiorina to the Rescue

Why is the answer to everything have to include the government? Every government program has failed and that includes Medicare. Spending more than you take in is failure.

Even people who believe in small government believe it's the government's job to take care of others. It's the government that has cause much of the poverty and certainly hasn't solved the health insurance issue. Obamacrap simply made things more expensive and less accessible.

Being forced to pay for others is not charity, it's theft.

Rick

The more you talk, the more certain I am that you are not from California. Pack your stuff up and move to Florida, we need your vote.

Why is the answer to everything have to include the government? Every government program has failed and that includes Medicare. Spending more than you take in is failure.

Even people who believe in small government believe it's the government's job to take care of others. It's the government that has cause much of the poverty and certainly hasn't solved the health insurance issue. Obamacrap simply made things more expensive and less accessible.

Being forced to pay for others is not charity, it's theft.

Rick

I will agree to that with just one exception. Public Education. The one thing that has enabled millions to stop the cycle of poverty and stand on their own. Think about WWII Vets and the GI Bill. This is one place gov has done pretty good.

If you can read this post please go thank a first grade school teacher.:yes:

I will agree to that with just one exception. Public Education. The one thing that has enabled millions to stop the cycle of poverty and stand on their own. Think about WWII Vets and the GI Bill. This is one place gov has done pretty good.

If you can read this post please go thank a first grade school teacher.:yes:

Public Education sucks. Privatize education (ok, I'll go with vouchers and public funding) is the only lway to go.

The GI Bill isn't public education. It was money to go to school, not necessarily a public school.

Even colleges are pricey because of the sheer amount of taxpayer money available. Grants and loans mean colleges can charge more because more money can be spent. Cut that crap out and schools won't be able to charge as much.

Every action as a reaction. Next you'll be telling me that businesses pay taxes rather than consumers.

Rick

Public Education sucks. Privatize education (ok, I'll go with vouchers and public funding) is the only lway to go.

The GI Bill isn't public education. It was money to go to school, not necessarily a public school.

Even colleges are pricey because of the sheer amount of taxpayer money available. Grants and loans mean colleges can charge more because more money can be spent. Cut that crap out and schools won't be able to charge as much.

Every action as a reaction. Next you'll be telling me that businesses pay taxes rather than consumers.

Rick

Public education sucks??? I would guess 95% of all forum members went to public schools. Is private better? Yes. Is the choice between NO education and Private education??? Well once upon a time it was...in the US!

I would imagine the vast majority of returning GI's attended State Universities. Due to high cost of private universities, admission (cliques), and where did your Daddy go to college? type o' thing...

I hear you on "cutting that crap out and they can't charge as much" this is true, what is also true, is millions will Not be getting a college degree. Name your poison Boss.

That would have actually been the solution prior to Obamacare. Create a national high risk pool and provide subsidies to those who can't afford it (much like the subsidies today) and leave the rest of the system alone. It would have been a lot less costly than this behemoth we now have. Again, this is for pre-ACA. The system was working for 85% of the people out there. Maybe even more. Now some of us are paying twice as much as we were before ACA reared its ugly head. Not to mention paying extra taxes as well.

As it stands now, the liberals were right, ACA is the first step to single payer. Because the way the system works today won't last.

We already had a Texas high risk pool and the premiums were subsidized. Worked exactly like ACA with astronomical premiums. It was disbanded at the onset of ACA.

We already had a Texas high risk pool and the premiums were subsidized. Worked exactly like ACA with astronomical premiums. It was disbanded at the onset of ACA.

As was every state who had a high risk pool.

If I didn't know better I'd think some of you are all for ACA and that it is better than what we had.

Back