Centene Banned From Growth Due to Horrible Scores

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
Centene has been banned from expanding its Medicare Advantage plan due to consistently-horrible scores in the federal quality rating program.
According to the Modern Healthcare article, “Among large insurers, Centene fared the worst in the rating program this year. Just 3% of its members are enrolled in plans that meet the four-star quality bonus threshold for 2023, down from 54% last year…”

This is no surprise to agents who have been writing Wellcare/Centene is the past few years.
“They had immense volumes of mergers and acquisitions and immense amounts of integration work.” – the Modern Healthcare article says.

The entire article can be found here: https://bit.ly/centeneban

Who could have seen this coming?!? :D

Centene has been banned from expanding its Medicare Advantage plan due to consistently-horrible scores in the federal quality rating program.
According to the Modern Healthcare article, “Among large insurers, Centene fared the worst in the rating program this year. Just 3% of its members are enrolled in plans that meet the four-star quality bonus threshold for 2023, down from 54% last year…”

This is no surprise to agents who have been writing Wellcare/Centene is the past few years.
“They had immense volumes of mergers and acquisitions and immense amounts of integration work.” – the Modern Healthcare article says.

The entire article can be found here: https://bit.ly/centeneban

Who could have seen this coming?!? :D

I can’t write Wellcare without them being switched by someone else because of too many product options in the area. They are relentlessly pounded by telemarketers, which makes for horrible retention. A horrible 2.5 star rating in my area should be a warning sign to any agent thinking about writing it.

Plus Centene allows easy Aor changes with a letter . Hell You can call a client with Aetna and do Aor change .Im basically 90% Humana and United . Wellcare hurting bad . Offering $225 for hsa’s on duals I saw email last week .United’s product not the best but huge loyalty. It’s my stickiest business .

Back