Company wants to hire me and I have a indecent exposure charge

As appears to be happening more and more, BadTrout and I agree 100%.

The biggest problem I see here, is that you lied. A 10 year old felony can, and often is explainable. Lying to a potential employer a few days ago is a different story all together.

I know you lied because of whatever reason, but you still lied, and you'd have no way out of that with me. I can go a lot deeper into it, but that's the bottom line.

Additionally, as BadTrout pointed out, titeye is correct. None of it matters if you can't get licensed.

You are very fortunate to have gotten some really good advice on here. Perhaps you need to get your own house in order, though. You should have looked the interviewer in the eye, and been honest and said something along the lines "Ever do anything stupid when you were younger? Of course you have. So have I, and I got caught. This is what happened..."

I have enormous gifts both in my personal and business life as both direct and indirect results of trying to do the right thing whenever I can. My friends bought a vacation house in the mountains. Before they had even finished moving in, they gave me the keys, alarm code, and told me to pick a room for myself. I stay up there a lot, whether or not they are there, with their blessing. I bend over backwards to help people whenever I can, but have little patience for people that try to cheat or lie to me.

If anyone things I am overly idealistic, dreamy, or unrealistic, feel free to call me out. I am even a little curious what Todd King or DHK would input on this.

Last edited:
Doing the right thing...

Last July a large account canceled just after renewal. It was a $235K WC account. I had a chargeback of 8K and an audit chargeback for the year before of $11K I was NOT expecting. I went to all extremes because this isn't chump change. After exhausting all investigative efforts on my part to see if it was all legit I had a choice... I have exactly (or had) exactly ONE customer with this carrier and know bloody well in P&C I could have gotten away with stiffing them on a $19K chargeback. Being against my nature, I mailed the check about 3 weeks ago, and after a few days I saw my reserve tank take that ugly punch in the gut. But, business is good and I did the right thing,,, Thursday I got a call directly from the carriers CFO. He thanked me for the check, he said there was a problem with the audit though. This is the CFO of a billion dollar company calling me directly to tell me the error on their audit had caused the previous year to zero out... BUT... that error was caught when they had applied my payment and realized they had actually miscalculated my insureds payroll and it SHOULD have reflected an $880K increase in premium. Not only would I get refunded the amount I paid, but I was owed commission on $880K. Doing the "right" thing is ALWAYS the best answer. In my case, my May commission with said carrier is $44,875.

Did you pay your debt to society yet? Yes, but you are required to register as a sex offender, a nasty surprise that is sure to reflect poorly if not disclosed. Should you try to get it expunged or sealed etc... of course, but until it is, you are a registered sex offender for a reason. Are you required to tell them, probably not, but wouldn't it be a little less stressful for you to be upfront about it and get it on the table? Since it WILL come up, and trust me, it will when they ask you to do a presentation at a school, or do a bg check or something, it WILL arise... wouldn't you rather tell them up front and be over with it?

If you tell them, and they fire you on the spot, just realize they would have anyway one they found out... If they don't, you get to sleep easier.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their insightful responses. I ended up typing out a letter of explanation and also requested a letter of recommendation from the probation officer that was supervising me. (I successfully completed probation and paid all my fines)

Shortly after my first post here I fully disclosed to the firm and FMO. Passed my Health and Life Exams, passed AHIP and haven't had any issues contracting with insurance companies. I've attached both letters to every company I've contracted with with no issues.
Such a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm so thankful this industry isn't so black and white and determines each situation at face value.

Thanks again everyone!

For what it's worth, urinating in an alley or on the side of the road can get you busted for indecent exposure and put on the sex offender's registry.:wacko:

I just wanted to thank everyone for their insightful responses. I ended up typing out a letter of explanation and also requested a letter of recommendation from the probation officer that was supervising me. (I successfully completed probation and paid all my fines)

Shortly after my first post here I fully disclosed to the firm and FMO. Passed my Health and Life Exams, passed AHIP and haven't had any issues contracting with insurance companies. I've attached both letters to every company I've contracted with with no issues.
Such a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm so thankful this industry isn't so black and white and determines each situation at face value.

Thanks again everyone!
Best of luck going forward... Make yourself proud!

For what it's worth, urinating in an alley or on the side of the road can get you busted for indecent exposure and put on the sex offender's registry.:wacko:
Oh crap, I'd better be careful. I've done a lot of peeing on the side of the road. I hate it when it's windy. :laugh:

Last edited:

Thanks again everyone!
Good Work

Back