Cost of ER visit??

Alex Scotte

I never used the ER before but last month my 2 year old dislocated his elbow (nursemaids elbow), and I just got the bill:

$2078 that was 'adjusted' to $1766. The rate contracted with my insurance company. This is in addition to what the doctor is charging ($530 adjusted to $294).

I understand j have not yet met my deductible ($4000) but this still seems way high to me.

No tests were done at the visit. Just triaged by a nurse, doc came in and 'popped' his elbow back into place. Done. We were there for a half hour and saw the doctor for 5 minutes.

Maybe I am way off here but $2000 for an ER visit? Yikes!

Anyone know?? I am in San Diego County if that makes any difference.

Any way to get the hospital to reduce the bill?

I never used the ER before but last month my 2 year old dislocated his elbow (nursemaids elbow), and I just got the bill:

$2078 that was 'adjusted' to $1766. The rate contracted with my insurance company. This is in addition to what the doctor is charging ($530 adjusted to $294).

I understand j have not yet met my deductible ($4000) but this still seems way high to me.

No tests were done at the visit. Just triaged by a nurse, doc came in and 'popped' his elbow back into place. Done. We were there for a half hour and saw the doctor for 5 minutes.

Maybe I am way off here but $2000 for an ER visit? Yikes!

Anyone know?? I am in San Diego County if that makes any difference.

Any way to get the hospital to reduce the bill?
Sounds reasonable. Try urgent care next time if possible at about half the price.

Welcome to reality. There is a reason insurance = a mortgage payment. You're probably on a group plan and have no idea of real premium cost.

There is an entry fee as soon as u say hello, and tell me something in CA that is not double the cost of other states

Back