Couple questions from a noob...

bryan reese

Hey guys and gals,

I am completely new here and JUST got my Accident & Health insurance agent license here in Cali, just a few noobie questions...

When do insurance companies start hiring again? I noticed that most the insurance companies that hire captive agents like Ehealth for example, have 0 sales jobs available(I assume because open enrollment just ended). But of course independent agent jobs from Humana and Assurance are everywhere. Should I go with a humana or assurance and get the experience now until companies start hiring again?

Thank you so much for any advice I can get!

Ask King Newsom. Just know that we are an essential business in California and we've never had our work curtailed.

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0250-in...pload/CDI-Essential-Services-Notice-Final.pdf

Most of us here are independent agents or work on a commission basis for a captive insurance company... so this kind of work is plentiful. Looking for an hourly wage or salary... we don't have much of those people here.

Just FYI.

In Michigan, we had some of the most restrictive limitations in the country. Insurance was deemed essential.

Workers in the insurance industry (to the extent their work cannot be done remotely)

Now is as good a time as any.

Back