debt balance

PhxSunsFan

Guru
yesterday I got an email from aetssi debt management.. for aetna looking to be repaid 5950.00... ( first glance I thought it was 595.. )
I havent ever received any notices on this matter and havent done any business for 10 months..
I will repay if this is correct.. note.. I never keep track of c/b etc and have repaid 3 other companies monthly because they reached out many months ago..
One company I owed 1200 to said they would take payments but only go back 6 months
For 5900 I'm not paying over 6 months.. tips on how to negoitate this?

I never keep track of c/b

Maybe you should start, and pay them when they are incurred so you don't have this problem in the future.

tips on how to negoitate this?

You could offer a discounted lump sum cash settlement, say 50%, in exchange for a written agreement cancelling the remainder of the debt.

If you can't do that, you don't have much leverage.

Talking about paying is not paying, paying is paying. Be pro-active. Pick a number that you are comfortable with, send a check with a letter saying this is how much I will pay per month. They aren't likely to refuse the money though they may huff and puff about the arrangement.

Understand that you can be sued for the amount owed. A judgment will allow the creditor to levy your bank accounts and garnish your commissions from any carrier that pays them to you.

Back