Domain Names for Insurance Websites (Videos)

Fun tidbit of information that relates to this.

If you use the term "so-and-so-healthinsurance.com" as your URL, google will not see use of that term in your onpage terms as spamming, so you can say it as many times as you want. Otherwise you can get penalized for "spamming" for overuse of a term, or it stops carrying as much weight. (no one knows for sure, it's google). Exact match keywords carry a TON of weight.

Fun tidbit of information that relates to this.

If you use the term "so-and-so-healthinsurance.com" as your URL, google will not see use of that term in your onpage terms as spamming, so you can say it as many times as you want. Otherwise you can get penalized for "spamming" for overuse of a term, or it stops carrying as much weight. (no one knows for sure, it's google). Exact match keywords carry a TON of weight.
Your friend actually vlogged about this recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me translate what he's saying.

He's saying:

"Please don't do exact match domains, it sucks for us because its really not that easy to turn it down, for instance, we don't want another site to out SEO best buy for the term "best buy". So make a brand name, for national exposure for your local business, because that way you'll be totally buried and need to buy ppc. We're google, we'll totally sell you all the PPC you want so you can be the top of the page.

For 20 bucks a click.

Or just ignore me, I only speak to try to influence people away from taking advantage of our algorithm's weaknesses. If you do the opposite of what I say you'll rank higher than national companies for search terms, but you won't be as cool as them."

Don't ever listen to him. He'll rot your brains and make you ignore glaring facts.

Different domain names will perform better or worse depending on your objectives.

For type in traffic the important factors are:
  • Ease of remembering
  • Keywords for SEO benefit are irrelevant. (Words that attract humans are important. They may, coincidentally, be keywords.)
  • Ease of spelling
    • Short
    • No Homonyms
    • No hyphens or underscores
For click through traffic if the URL is visible like on PPC
  • Keywords for SEO benefit are irrelevant. (Words that attract humans are important. They may, coincidentally, be keywords)
  • Hyphens can be an advantage
  • Ease of spelling is irrelevant
For SEO value
  • SEO keywords are paramount
  • Ease of spelling is irrelevant
  • Length may be a plus
  • Hyphens are irrelevant
Finding a domain name that serves all of these masters is difficult if not impossible.

Choosing the right domain name is important, but not crucial.

Amazon.com is a lousy domain name for just about any purpose, but I think they do OK.

Sure it is easy to spell now. And what does a river or female archers with one breast have to do with books?

This is worth reading three times

Hello Mark. Familiar with your name in passing on the domainers in general. See you focus insurance niche and health verticle. Id like to see what names you have or looking for or selling to see what we might be able to accomplish if anything. health insurance domain names dot com

Back