Dual eligible veteran but does not have part b is lis eligible can I sign him up for part b

I am not an agent.

Is he eligible for treatment and medication at VA?

If he didn't take Part B because he couldn't afford the premium, what changes now when he has to afford the Part B premium plus a late charge?

Medicaid will typically pay the Part B premium, but may or may not cover the Part B late enrollment penalty depending on state-level rules. He will have an LEP because VA is only considered creditable coverage on Part D and not Part B.

Medicaid will typically pay the Part B premium, but may or may not cover the Part B late enrollment penalty depending on state-level rules. He will have an LEP because VA is only considered creditable coverage on Part D and not Part B.

I’ve never heard of a part B Lep not paid by the state if they qualify for Medicaid . I work 5 states and not seen that . What states won’t pay the Lep when the person has Medicaid?

It’s a Medicare policy that anyone getting Extra Help doesn’t pay the LEP for Part D

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpeg
    IMG_1093.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 0
AARP website says that Part B LEP is waived for DSNP (and some other situations)

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 0
Back