Elite Hospitals by Specialty

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
WebMD found 26 hospitals and health systems that are preferred by patients and providers, some of which were chosen in more than one specialty.

WebMD and Medscape partnered to give patient choice and provider choice awards to hospitals for specific specialties. The awards were based on surveys on hospital preferences. Read the survey methodology here.

WebMD gave Elite Choice Awards to hospitals and systems that were preferred by patients and physicians 2 to 1 over competitors for a specialty in their local region. Hospitals were categorized in five categories: oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, neurology and gastroenterology.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...ite-hospitals-per-patients-and-providers.html

Interesting. I’m familiar with one of these. The system has bought a lot of other hospitals in recent years. I wonder how much the ranking pertains to the whole system and how much it pertains to the “mothership.”

They used to own their own MA plan. Well, I think it was still called Medicare + Choice back then. They sold to Humana. Now Humana has some branded plans in which the network is mostly limited to this system.

Latest posts

Back