Email Blast Software

Funny thing about opt-in....
Its how the email recipient determines it, not the email sender.

You only have to explain it when someone complains.

Dan

But if enough flag it, your messages just end up marked as spam and people don't see it.

Correct.
At that point, enough people decided you were spamming, regardless of whether they opted in or not.

Nice to know you agree with me :)

Dan

I like Vertical Response as opposed to Constant Contact. I've used both and for me, the user experience on VR is better. Right now we are emailing a very substanial number of people about twice a week and haven't run into any problems with blacklisting due to unsubscribes and bounces.

Great analytics on the back end too. VR generates a snippet of code to drop into your website to track click-to-converstion rates or just list your website's URL and track it in Google analytics.

Keep in mind services like VR and CC are not email blast providers, they are auto responder and newsletter email providers, if you tried blasting email lists with those companies u would get bitched out real quick.

To be honest, after about 6 years of sending a newsletter almost every 2 weeks and given the amount of biz it brought compared to the amount of time it took, I stopped sending it about six months ago.

Thank you for that. I have been looking into using Mailchimp and wondered the same thing. I have sent some cards instead and am considering fliers using the USPS.

Jeff

For an email campaign / marketing, I think Mail Chimp works the best - assuming your list is around 1000 or less. I maintain the list recipients by importing from my database. All of the reports are great for following up. For contacting existing customers for followup or notifications I send individual emails. I use a program that sends individual emails up to 500 recipients and you can send in groups to honor the restrictions of your ISP.

We use Constant Contact and it works reasonably well. Cost effective, lots of templates and pretty intuitive.

My only complaint is the way email lists are set up inside constant contact. If you want to run parallel email campaigns, you basically have to set up new, seperate email lists each time. Ideally I'd like to query different flags or attributes from one master email list to get the right names included. Other than that, for the cost it is tough to beat.

Back