Email Marketing

email marketing programs
Mailchimp
ConstantContact
Vertical Response
ExactTarget

Marketing automation - Support drip and other types of automation on leads as they get older
-marketo
-pardot
-infusionsoft
-leads360
Some newer technology
-Ava.ai

I too am looking for an automated system some people say Act other say the ones listed above, what is the most cost efficacy for a 2 person operation, we are multiline agents and want to double our efforts without getting swamped in the tech no stuff. We have worked with act before and have a data base but we would like to market to existing and potential clients.
any suggestions, we bought leads before and the were so washed it was crazy 8 people recycled. most of them said they never responded to a survey.

I too am looking for an automated system some people say Act other say the ones listed above, what is the most cost efficacy for a 2 person operation, we are multiline agents and want to double our efforts without getting swamped in the tech no stuff. We have worked with act before and have a data base but we would like to market to existing and potential clients. any suggestions, we bought leads before and the were so washed it was crazy 8 people recycled. most of them said they never responded to a survey.

My company developed their own for our agency that addresses everything I see listed in this post. It's available for outside agents if it fits what you do. I don't know if it would be a fit for you but feel free to contact me to discuss. I have been using it for 3 years and it has made everything I do daily way more efficient.

If you are looking to do mass email to a list of double opt-in bought emails, you are wasting your money. The only way email marketing works, is if you drive the traffic to your own site and have them sign up for some sort of free report or newsletter. Other than that it is spam and you will have very little credibility with the email owner and most likely will delete it.

We like Constant Contact for email marketing as well.

We use ACT, which we customized the fields to be able to record agent numbers by carrier, for example. The tech support is done in India, and is OK. Was given some mis-advised suggestion that caused us to lose some information, which didn't go over well. For the most part, the support is ok.

I think Vertical Response is great. It's cheap to get started (Pay per email or monthly) and easy to format for whatever newsletter service you want to use.

If you are looking to do mass email to a list of double opt-in bought emails, you are wasting your money. The only way email marketing works, is if you drive the traffic to your own site and have them sign up for some sort of free report or newsletter. Other than that it is spam and you will have very little credibility with the email owner and most likely will delete it.

Constant Contact only wants you using email addresses that you have permission to use because of the SPAM element.

I was an insurance agent for 9 years (well, technically I still am). I had some success with email marketing, and enjoyed it more than selling insurance, so I left the business to start my own email marketing firm.

We offer our own software (Marketing Automation - Email Newsletters - Email Marketing - Xopaa) that can handle the typical email newsletters OR the full-blown marketing automation campaigns you want to handle. This platform deals with opt-in and permission marketing only. We can work with over 250 other cloud-based CRM, accounting, and other solutions as integration partners.

We also have a service (developing the site currently) where we fully-manage email campaigns and social media campaigns.

Lastly, we're getting our unsolicited bulk email platform up and running (product is good to go, but our site isn't ready quite yet). You purchase a list of emails who have opted-in elsewhere, add them to our system, and use it as a direct email campaign. It's CAN-SPAM compliant. Before you scoff at this, large insurers such as Fidelity Life use this to generate leads.

There is a huge opportunity for brokers and agencies, as most of the insurance world doesn't effectively use email and/or social media.

Last edited:
We use Constant Contact, and it works great. The thing that it's not really good for is data reporting - you have to export your clicks/opens report by email and it doesn't show a lot of things you'd consider useful, like what day or time has the most success. Overall, though, we've had a good amount of success there.

Aweber's really good too.

Back