Employee Mutiny

Employers for the most part will do what they were doing before. Some will dump benefits because the desire to retain employees is not there. I look at the small business tax credit that was created as incentive to small business that didn't offer benefits a few years back. Out of around 4 million small business that could take advantage of the tax break only a couple hundred thousand did. The vast majority didn't get on board with benefits even with the discount. Most companies are going to take the path of lowest cost/least resistance in compliance.

They already don't care about employee revolts because this is just one issue out of many for people in the workplace.

What I see happening is a lot of people paying the penalty if they have to and going without till they need it and then they'll jump onboard and off when the need isn't there anymore. This entire thing is set up to be gamed. Just like the first version (hillarycare) was.

A whopping $1500? Per Year? The difference between an indy and emp/spouse plan is usually more than $1500 a year around me, doesn't seem that horrible to have the employee pay part of the difference between the two tiers in order to get coverage, I thought that was a standard practice.

By that logic, we charge our "family" employees a $1000/month penalty because we only cover individual premium in full.

Back