Equitable Rolls Out New Med Supp Carrier, "Equitable National"

and I didn't label you anything, you are clearly for insurance companies getting away with gouging seniors and forcing them on an MA plan that would spike their potential OOP 300-400% while making them attend different doctors and hospitals that are probably miles away (farther in most rural states) if they wanted to get off a skyrocketing Medicare Supplement at a time when their health cannot afford the out of pocket costs of a MA plan.

Wow. Having a bad day? ;)

Seriously - that's some pretty serious accusations off a simple comment.

Deep end - meet Justin! I think we'll all just assume you're having a bad day....

Whats free market about trapping ill-health seniors on a plan whose rates skyrocket? I'd be perfectly ok with this if there was a law allowing aging seniors to get a SEP when this happens. THAT is a fair market approach imo...

Didnt think you were for insurance companies that impoverish trapped seniors...

Something like 80% of private wealth in the US is in the hands of those age 65+. The poverty rates among that demographic have shrunk from ~35% 40 years ago to less than 9% today; take a moment to compare that to poverty rates among other age demographics. Baby boomers and seniors lived through an explosive period in wages that left them more disposable income than ever before to invest in the greatest bull stock market and real estate markets ever. They accumulated great personal wealth. Some of them blew it all on frivolous spending or as we too often see in this business "too much house and too much car". Today, they buy iPads, iPhones, cruises, timeshares, and whatever else they desire.

Why do we discredit ourselves and our industry over 20 or 30 bucks a month?

Way to take this political, (btw both sides label, pretending otherwise is political ignorance) - and I didn't label you anything, you are clearly for insurance companies getting away with gouging seniors and forcing them on an MA plan that would spike their potential OOP 300-400% while making them attend different doctors and hospitals that are probably miles away (farther in most rural states) if they wanted to get off a skyrocketing Medicare Supplement at a time when their health cannot afford the out of pocket costs of a MA plan. When you play Devil's Advocate for a particular side that's not a label, it's called an observation....

And last time I checked, we haven't had a truly free market in over 100 years. What you may call a free market is corporations writing rules and taking advantage of consumer groups...that's called crony capitalism.:yes:

Wait a second, when you say it, it's an observation. But when I say it, that's political? Okay. I simply made an observation about the tactic you used in claiming I am for something which I never stated.

Why is it okay for you to make an assumption about me, but not the opposite? At least my original assumption was in the form of a question. You know, to open some rational dialogue. You claimed I am for insurance companies "trapping impoverished seniors" and then said that I was "clearly" for insurance companies gouging seniors. I never said either of those things. Nor am I for those. It doesn't have to be either or. Just because I don't like diahrea doesn't mean I love constipation. I said what I'd be ok with and that would be a birthday or anniversary rule.

Sounds like you have all the answers my man. Maybe we can make ALL insurance be GI. Auto, homeowners, life, DI, LTC and any other you want to add in. That way everybody can pay the same thing.

It's clear you can't have a rational conversation on this subject. For that reason I'm out.

Back