Ethics question, I may be losing group but they keep asking me for help in losing them

I work the group market. I would not provide this info if being replaced.

All of this is available directly from the carrier.

All of this is provided in their Annual Renewal Package.

I would have a very blunt discussion and tell them:
"I provided alternate quotes and asked if I could provided alternative solutions"

"It seems you no longer want me as your Agent. If that is the case. You need to contact the carrier for this info."

"If your new Agent does not know how to obtain this info without my assistance.... you should ask them why that is."

"I provided alternate quotes and asked if I could provided alternative solutions"

"It seems you no longer want me as your Agent. If that is the case. You need to contact the carrier for this info."

"If your new Agent does not know how to obtain this info without my assistance.... you should ask them why that is."

It's a shame you can't add gifs because this would be perfect for "boom, roasted"

How about...if your new agent does not know how to obtain this information -- without you coming to me -- then, I think you should be very concerned. You need to question yourself as to why you are working with an agent who is unqualified and is deflecting away from that fact.

These are all terrific replies... FYI, I sent the info, and I have the boom roaster keeping warm in the oven. I'll let you know what, if anything, happens.
Personally I've learned to just move on and usually within a few months I land a replacement that's better anyway. However, this one just irked me a bit more than usual.
Thanks for all the sage advice.

These are all terrific replies... FYI, I sent the info, and I have the boom roaster keeping warm in the oven. I'll let you know what, if anything, happens.
Personally I've learned to just move on and usually within a few months I land a replacement that's better anyway. However, this one just irked me a bit more than usual.

That's OK. You are human. Learn from it and move on...and don't let it happen again! LOL. Remember, production solves all problems. If you had another 6 small groups this size, and 2 large ones, in the pipeline...you'd tell this client, politely, to go take a hike! All the best!

Ok, I'm a little late to this party. But I agree with the others that suggest you just be direct with the client and ask what's going on. It sounds like another broker may be pushing a level funded plan to take the business. Get it out on the table.

You also mentioned that this group is related to another one of your larger client groups. I would make a point of shoring up that relationship a priority. In fact, if the related groups have enough common ownership they may be exploring combining the two under one plan (with another broker). All these service requests from the smaller group could be a canary in the coal mine.

Back