Firstandlastname.com Domain Names

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
Can someone tell me the pros and cons of using these type of names?

I figured this would be a good way to brand yourself as a professional and for people to instantly put your name and insurance together.

Immediate cons i can think of is,

not be able to sell company as easily
only one man shop? doesnt look like a big company
domain name doesnt relate to the industry

All the "good" insurance domain names are taken and i do not like using numbers or play on words. Trying to remain professional and upscale.

What do you guys think?

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of using these type of names?

I figured this would be a good way to brand yourself as a professional and for people to instantly put your name and insurance together.

Immediate cons i can think of is,

not be able to sell company as easily
only one man shop? doesnt look like a big company
domain name doesnt relate to the industry

All the "good" insurance domain names are taken and i do not like using numbers or play on words. Trying to remain professional and upscale.

What do you guys think?

Why do you care about branding the company? Brand yourself with a relevant and up-to-date blog/vlog.

so you are saying name.com is a great way to brand yourself and show people you are an expert and why they would choose you right?

If you're saying that the domain name will also be the name of your business...

It depends on where you want to go with the company. If you're looking to build a business that you'll eventually be able to walk away from and have it succeed without you, a personal name probably isn't the way to go.

Having keywords in your domain name is still worthwhile for SEO... so if I wanted my name in the domain I would probably opt for something like "lastnameinsurance.com" or something on those lines.

OR you could choose a name, they're not all taken. Try something that includes your region or city. Or even a landmark or park within your region. UnionParkInsurance.com for example.

Then you could supplement your main website with a blog at: firstnameLastname.blogspot.com.

somarco, but it looks like your site is purely lead gen, there are no info regarding anything with that form.

wouldnt prospect be weary of that? i personally wouldnt fill anything out, but if the numbers show that it generates lead and you can convert those leads....

somarco, but it looks like your site is purely lead gen, there are no info regarding anything with that form.

wouldnt prospect be weary of that? i personally wouldnt fill anything out, but if the numbers show that it generates lead and you can convert those leads....

I doubt anyone fills out a lead on his site either. He is happy selling 3 policies a year though... :)

Back