Freedom Life \ USHealth \ USHG

Refreshing this Freedom Life thread, after a conversation today with a Medicare eligible new client.
The "you can upgrade to an ACA compliant plan if you have a serious illness" line was quoted to me by my client, reporting on the sales pitch when the plan was purchased a few years ago. I am asking for plan documents. The BBB complaint page is colorful commentary.
Spouse is 2 years younger and needs to keep coverage until Medicare eligible. T65 client is coming off the Freedom Life plan, and wanting to consider group coverage for the spouse, and another partner in the business. The business owner likes paying $800 or so a month for owner & spouse for the bundled benefits. They won't like the cost and the need for some fairly significant out of pocket to make ACA compliant group coverage remotely affordable. Sometimes I can get clients to see the value in HSA compatible plans if relatively healthy, but with age rating it will be almost double even with a high deductible. The sad part is how easy it is to convince people to buy this non-ACA compliant stuff without understanding all the holes in coverage.
It feels a bit harsh to quote Mark Twain to clients, but, dang it, there really is:
"A difference between lightning and a lightning bug".

Last edited:
Somehow, these cockroaches still exist.

I think UHC owns them now, and is the agents new selling point. "Billions served with A rating"

Back