Games Agents Play and who Cares

This sounds like a perfect candidate to apply this to:

3) Say “No” to some business – Not all business is “even worth it” business. In the beginning it’s easy to want to take on any client that has a heartbeat; however after a few bad headaches you’ll quickly come to realize that some folks are a waste of your time. Trust your intuition, if a particular client conducts themselves in a way that isn’t working for you; be ok with referring them to a 1-800-GET INSURANCE number. Otherwise you’ll find yourself wishing you hadn’t bothered with the client from the start but you’re now stuck with them.

Non-pay might not be an issue with this client, but it sounds like a headache in other ways.

Sounds like you need to set the rules of engagement here. If the customer is willing to let another agent sell him a policy that really doesn't cover him properly, do you really want him as a client?

It sounds like you're bringing a value to him that the other agent isn't. If he doesn't want to have any part of this, find another customer who does. There are many other people out there who you can certainly bring value to and they will appreciate it. I wouldn't settle for someone who expects you do unethical things, just to make a sale. What kind of relationship are you going to have with that guy anyways?

I know you want to make the sale, but there's a high probability that you will be scrambling to save his policy from leaving before long.

this sounds like a perfect candidate to apply this to: 3) say "no" to some business - not all business is "even worth it" business. In the beginning it's easy to want to take on any client that has a heartbeat; however after a few bad headaches you'll quickly come to realize that some folks are a waste of your time. Trust your intuition, if a particular client conducts themselves in a way that isn't working for you; be ok with referring them to a 1-800-get insurance number. Otherwise you'll find yourself wishing you hadn't bothered with the client from the start but you're now stuck with them. Non-pay might not be an issue with this client, but it sounds like a headache in other ways. Sounds like you need to set the rules of engagement here. If the customer is willing to let another agent sell him a policy that really doesn't cover him properly, do you really want him as a client? It sounds like you're bringing a value to him that the other agent isn't. If he doesn't want to have any part of this, find another customer who does. There are many other people out there who you can certainly bring value to and they will appreciate it. I wouldn't settle for someone who expects you do unethical things, just to make a sale. What kind of relationship are you going to have with that guy anyways? I know you want to make the sale, but there's a high probability that you will be scrambling to save his policy from leaving before long.

exactly^^^^^^^^^^

What is the value of the gaps you filled?

$700 is a lot of money in rate....if it could be justified by adding thousands in coverage where I wouldn't have had any...I might see the value

otherwise, i agree with the advice to walk away from this acct

Back