GEHA and Medicare

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Looks to me like there is never a time when someone has GEHA that they would want a supplement or a MAPD.

A prospect e-mailed me today saying he has "standard 1 plus spouse" and wants me to call him to talk Medicare since he turns 65 in April.

Before I reply, "I have nothing of value for you - please call GEHA" - I wanted to throw this out there and just make sure I'm not missing something.

I'm 98% sure there is no sale to be made - just looking for confirmation that there isn't some sort of opportunity that I'm missing.

I was more wondering if this was a situation at all similar to AON - where there is an opportunity to sell them a part of their medical coverage. I'm drawing the conclusion that it is not.

From what I read, those on GEHA can indeed enroll in a Medicare Part C plan, but GEHA will not "waive the deductibles and coinsurance" like they would if they just had Medicare A&B.

So it's not a "true supplement" - but it does seem to work like a supplement.

And from what I can tell, if they elect a MAPD, it only hurts them rather than helps them (other than some potential minor tertiary benefits).

I was more wondering if this was a situation at all similar to AON - where there is an opportunity to sell them a part of their medical coverage. I'm drawing the conclusion that it is not.

From what I read, those on GEHA can indeed enroll in a Medicare Part C plan, but GEHA will not "waive the deductibles and coinsurance" like they would if they just had Medicare A&B.

So it's not a "true supplement" - but it does seem to work like a supplement.

And from what I can tell, if they elect a MAPD, it only hurts them rather than helps them (other than some potential minor tertiary benefits).

I wish I could help, but it's been several years since I saw somebody with GEHA.

Back