GUL/WL Options for a Missionary

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
I have a buddy that is going to be a missionary to Mexico. He's 24 M NT no meds perfect health. He wants life insurance mainly for the DB but liked the idea cash value if, in his words, "I ever get into a pickle and have to leave Mexico fast."

I explained term to him and being only 24, he wants something that will last longer than that. My first thought was was a GUL, or a 20 pay or pay to 65 WL with RNA.

He hasn't been to Mexico in over 2 years and is raising support now and doesn't plan on going back for another 4 years.

What would be some good options?

MetLife has always been a good choice for these risks. Check with an underwriter with your best Standard carrier and discuss. Be sure to look at the speciman policy for all the exclusions to be sure they are covered.

You may also be looking at a flat extra for a few years to cover this risk with most companies. It really will be dependent on the amount of coverage. If they have coverage that goes to a carriers reinsurance than you have to play by the reinsurance carriers rules. That is why you have more flexibility with the larger companies that have higher retention limits.

Back