HC.gov Not Canceling Plans for Pregnant Women Preventing Coverage

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
Ok, this has been going on since the end of Dec and it's still not resolved.

Here's the situation:

Client was trying to do the right thing and get coverage. Enrolled mid Dec with carrier X and paid her first premium. Even though she was pregnant she was very sure she would not qualify for state Medicaid because of assets and income. End of Dec she receives notice from Medicaid that she qualifies (How I couldn't even being to explain.) Contacted the HC.gov to cancel plan the next day. Marketplace stated plan was cancelled effective immediately. Contacted carrier X to advise them of the rescinding of the plan and was told a refund would be back to her in a month.

Wait a month and no refund.

Repeat the process. Contacted the HC.gov to cancel plan. HC.gov says plan is canceled. Contacted carrier X stating plan never took effect. Carrier X states again that the refund will be issued within 30 days. This time she has both sides on a 3 way conference call to facilitate communication. 1 month to refund...

Wait a month and no refund.

Repeat the process.

Another 30 days go by and I get a call. It seems that Medicaid is refusing benefits because their systems show that client has not only coverage with carrier X but also carrier Y from 2014 MP plan. So now I call carrier Y and they are able to provide a policy cancellation from the 2014 plan that is forwarded to Medicaid. Contact carrier X again who says the plan is still active with a PD through date of Jan 31. Told carrier X about prior calls about refund and the fact the policy was rescinded. Carrier X states call back in 1 week to follow up.

In the meantime a call to HC.gov was made to again verify that the plan was rescinded and should have never taken affect. MP rep states that their system shows that. Contact carrier X to do a 3 way with HC.gov to tell them that the client rescinded coverage.

Called back in a week....Didn't accomplish anything.

Now we are less than 30 days out and I get a sobbing call stating that Medicaid is still refusing to provide benefits because carrier X is still showing active. Contact carrier X to again inquire why it's still showing active and to see if we can get a policy cancellation letter. Can't get a policy cancellation letter because HC.gov isn't sending the cancellation information to the carrier.

She’s about to pop any moment and is freaking out that no one is providing benefits because carrier x won’t cancel the plan because HC.gov isn’t sending over the information to the carrier.

WTF?!?!

Horror stories that make me cringe.

From now on, I may have to only take on "cut and dry" cases. I'm not taking on anybody who plans to

get married,
divorced,
separated but not divorced,
wants a baby/pregnant,
move counties,
or have unstable income,
group plan access,
VA access,
not born in US,
speak another language,
below kids medicaid level in each state,
can't make first month payment,
live in texas,
or voted democrat.

I'll find and land all 20 of these prospects in due time.

Just kidding, I don't discriminate, but it sure makes you want to.

Horror stories that make me cringe.

From now on, I may have to only take on "cut and dry" cases. I'm not taking on anybody who plans to

get married,
divorced,
separated but not divorced,
wants a baby/pregnant,
move counties,
or have unstable income,
group plan access,
VA access,
not born in US,
speak another language,
below kids medicaid level in each state,
can't make first month payment,
live in texas,
or voted democrat.

I'll find and land all 20 of these prospects in due time.

Just kidding, I don't discriminate, but it sure makes you want to.

You just listed my average customer profile.............:D

Back