Health Insurance Canceled Non Payment - Can You Buy Now?

Mink

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Have a client that had individual health coverage canceled on Feb 1 because she did not pay premium. This is off exchange. No life event. Any ideas for ways to apply for individual plan? Sounds like this client is out of luck.

Have a client that had individual health coverage canceled on Feb 1 because she did not pay premium. This is off exchange. No life event. Any ideas for ways to apply for individual plan? Sounds like this client is out of luck.
stm......and pay the fine........

In Washington State there are very few STM plans and they all have 5 year look back for pre-existing conditions. However there is a new STM plan that has a 12-month look back.

Send me a PM if you want some more specific info.

Even though I, as an agent, have no legal way to enroll this person in MEC, if they call healthcare.org, or, your state exchange, they probably could get insured.

Even though I, as an agent, have no legal way to enroll this person in MEC, if they call healthcare.org, or, your state exchange, they probably could get insured.
nope, voluntary loss of coverage is not a QLE, but maybe they could shoot for an SOL

I agree with DS4. Many non QLE members have picked up coverage. We have seen it done several times. They just don't care nor care to verify on the Marketplace side.

Back