Health Insurance for Non U.S. Citizen

davit83

Dear friends,

I have a very close relative who is experiencing hearing loss (beginning stages) and will be visiting U.S for three months. During this time we are hoping to get a consultation with a doctor who can provide accurate diagnosis of the condition and recommend an appropriate course of treatment. My relative, however, is not a U.S. citizen and not even a permanent resident. I am wondering if there are any known ways of obtaining a temporary health insurance for her. More generally, I would like to know what are the appropriate steps for us to follow to make sure that we see a doctor and be insured for the appointment, given that the patient is not a U.S. citizen.

I will greatly appreciate if you could please share your thoughts and suggestions concerning this matter.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Davit.

Petersen International Insurance could probably help you, but for a short visit for a diagnosis and course of treatment the advice to pay cash seems most appropriate. You can negotiate the cost with the audiologist.

Thanks for your advice guys. Any very rought estimate of how much a consultation with audiologist would cost us?
Thanks again for caring.
Davit.

Back