Healthcare. Gov App

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a couple that met with me and later called back and said they were going to sign up online. Asked me for my info for the "assistance provided" section. I gave it. How will I know if they did ? Check with carrier?

It should show up in your Book-of-Business or Agent Portal (eventually...depending on the carrier).

Continue to BE their agent.
Give them a call if you don't know WHICH plan they bought.
Send them a link to their SOB....and what to expect next....like:
- Watch for emails from carrier (or a bill in the US mail)
- Policy packet & ID cards will be mailed to them as soon as pmt is received.
....stuff like that.

Continue to BE of VALUE to them.
If they don't show up in your carrier reports, they'll sign an AOR for you.
They'll WANT you to continue to BE their agent.

Good ideas. I know which carrier and which plan. I will Email out the info you mentioned. Thanks.

I failed to mention this:
If they don't show up in your carrier reports, the carrier will USUALLY want the Agent Assignment to come FROM the govt.....instead of an AOR from the client.

In that case, the client has to CALL the govt - 1-800-318-2596
And, tell them to ADD you AS their agent.

There's also another (totally separate) spot that the govt can add you....as an Authorized Representative....who can speak to the govt ON their behalf...in case you ever need to help them get something resolved.

We are able to become agent of record with our carriers using AOR forms they each have. Funny that the form for each of them is identical...the info needed and even the legal verbiage on it. I never stress if we don't show up on healthcare.gov as this solution works for us.

I also agree with showing value to the client. We send out sporadic group emails for things that are more time sensitive or critical and monthly newsletters in the mail for general information.

Back