HHS-ILLINOIS Pre-Existing Condition Plan(IPXP) is Now Available.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
State of Illinois opted to administer the Government's new Prexisting Insurance Plan (PCIP) at the local level. Today, they finally unveiled the plan details, pricing and have online and printable applications available. It is called the Illinois Pre-Existing Condition Plan. (IPXP)

The brochure is true "plain Jane", but IPXP looks to have better benefits than the national PCIP plan administered through HHS/GEHA.

Brochure Link: http://www.insurance.illinois.gov/ipxp/IPXPBrochurev6.pdf

Why?
1. No copays after meeting deductible.
2. Prescription max OOP is $1,600 -- then 100%
3. Can enroll if you have an exclusion rider on your existing policy. (No 6 month Uninsured Requirement)
4. Price is on par with fully underwritten major medical in Illinois.. Ref: http://www.insurance.illinois.gov/ipxp/IPXPratetablev4.pdf

Unknowns:
1. Outline of Coverage is referenced on the main page of the IPXP website, but there's no link to it that I can find.
2. Can't find link to the PPO Network referenced in the brochure.

Main Page for Illlinois: Illinois Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (IPXP)

Based on the info available, I could sell this plan to most of my business-owner clients easily if it were a private policy.
-A.C.

Re: HHS-ILLINOIS Pre-Existing Condition Plan(IPXP) is Now Availab

State of Illinois opted to administer the Government's new Prexisting Insurance Plan (PCIP) at the local level. Today, they finally unveiled the plan details, pricing and have online and printable applications available. It is called the Illinois Pre-Existing Condition Plan. (IPXP)

The brochure is true "plain Jane", but IPXP looks to have better benefits than the national PCIP plan administered through HHS/GEHA.

Brochure Link: http://www.insurance.illinois.gov/ipxp/IPXPBrochurev6.pdf

Why?
1. No copays after meeting deductible.
2. Prescription max OOP is $1,600 -- then 100%
3. Can enroll if you have an exclusion rider on your existing policy. (No 6 month Uninsured Requirement)
4. Price is on par with fully underwritten major medical in Illinois.. Ref: http://www.insurance.illinois.gov/ipxp/IPXPratetablev4.pdf

Unknowns:
1. Outline of Coverage is referenced on the main page of the IPXP website, but there's no link to it that I can find.
2. Can't find link to the PPO Network referenced in the brochure.

Main Page for Illlinois: Illinois Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (IPXP)

Based on the info available, I could sell this plan to most of my business-owner clients easily if it were a private policy.
-A.C.

Question does your state allow rate ups...What if someone does not have an exclusion rider and is paying more than the par for underwritten plans...There is something wrong with the goverment just buying claims....I would say its my money but they have already wasted every americans money and are working on the China right now.

Today is September 1st. The Illinois PCIP plan has been offered since August 20th and there is still no PPO network listed on the State's website Illinois Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (IPXP) , nor does anyone who answers the phone at the Illinois D.O.I. know what the PPO network is. And they wonder why enrollment is not what was expected? Combine a "mystery" PPO network with higher premiums than consumers expected for this "subsidized" program and it's no wonder Illinois enrollment is dismal.

Those rates are unbelievably low.

I agree. The Illinois IPXP rates are reasonable as compared to what a high-risk person would pay if private insurance would accept them. However, the three +55 year old prospects I've showed this plan to still cannot afford the $500 a month premium. That is why I said that the prices are higher than what consumers expected.

The way these high-risk pools were explained in the media and by the Obama admin, people were expecting much lower premiums...like almost free subsidized coverage. They'll be in for a real shock in 2014...
-AC

I agree. The Illinois IPXP rates are reasonable as compared to what a high-risk person would pay if private insurance would accept them. However, the three +55 year old prospects I've showed this plan to still cannot afford the $500 a month premium. That is why I said that the prices are higher than what consumers expected.

The way these high-risk pools were explained in the media and by the Obama admin, people were expecting much lower premiums...like almost free subsidized coverage. They'll be in for a real shock in 2014...
-AC

$500/month is what a lot of my 55+ clients who are healthy pay.

Back