How common is it for Med Advantage plans to be cancelled by the insurance company?

1000 clients x 72.00 PDP 1st year = 72000.00
1000 clients x 36.00 PDP renewal = 36000.00

I don’t consider that pocket change. More then a lot of professions make in a year.

Still not attractive to me when considering the extra time and head aches involved. This also assumes that every carrier u sell pays a commission, and assuming u are shopping all pdp plans on the market that are best for the client.

I already don't have enough time during AEP to handle my current book of clients, and I prefer to take September off vs doing AHIP and a dozen certification tests, 500 SOA's, and having to deal with cms regulations, carrier appointment paperwork, and oh my gawd, the upcoming phone recording requirements.

I would rather spend that extra time selling more policies, vacationing, or mentally preparing for upcoming AEP and ACA OEP.

If I were to break it down to an hourly wage, factoring in the large amount of time spent above, lost sales, extra expenses, and mental health effects.........it would make my average hourly wage GO DOWN compared to what it is now.

1000 clients x 72.00 PDP 1st year = 72000.00
1000 clients x 36.00 PDP renewal = 36000.00

I don’t consider that pocket change. More then a lot of professions make in a year.
I bought a new Toyota Sequoia TRD PRO with my 2022 Part D money, with change left over. Although, I’ll admit, I worked very hard for that money.

You’re only getting paid $72/$36 on PDP?

Oops, $87/$44

Still not worth the time for $87000.00/$44000.00

I have very few on individual PDP's so not talking about myself but find it funny others are doing the work anyway for free. That's like a dentist doing the cleaning and checkup, etc and also doing the X-rays but not bothering to charge for them. Makes no sense to me, but to each their own. The PDP built into MAPD plans are generally far superior to the individual PDP's anyway.

Back