• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How Much is Agency Commission?

I'm not picking on Allstate in particular, just all captive P&C companies. I understand State Farm is in the 50% range as is Shelter, and I had heard previously that Farmers was in that range as well. I assumed that Allstate probably was as well.

I have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

Allstate's life insurance commission to the agents is (or at least was) only a little on the low end. The agency cut was near (if not at) street.

You may, or may not, be getting screwed.

The last two agency producers I put on have diffrent contracts. it's all up to you . The first has a $1,200 a month draw he is on a 70/50 plan with a small quota. The last Ap I hired I am giving 100% the first 60 days and then 80/60 split that goes up with production.

So if you are commission only I say yes you are getting screwed. Withe the new push on PIF growth all buisness is more important. Most agents would kill for a straight commission AP no risk no cost and all the production. There are many agents out there you are not stuck with this one.

Good luck

Back