How to deal Case Split with an international agent referring me to a client in the States

LifeInsurancePro

(Legitimate non-money laundering potential situation) Planning on splitting the case 50/50, but not exactly sure how that would work out for me tax-wise. I'm planning on submitting 100% under my name and then paying the other agent out. Should I just write off the split amount or am I getting hosed in a way that I'm not thinking about? The client should be paying the annualized amount so not worried about it being structured otherwise.

(Legitimate non-money laundering potential situation) Planning on splitting the case 50/50, but not exactly sure how that would work out for me tax-wise. I'm planning on submitting 100% under my name and then paying the other agent out. Should I just write off the split amount or am I getting hosed in a way that I'm not thinking about? The client should be paying the annualized amount so not worried about it being structured otherwise.
Have the other agent sign a w-9 and then 1099 them next year for whatever you pay them.

EDIT: Missed the international part. I would talk to your accountant.

It’s a w-8ben-e form he needs to sign. Even if there aren’t any tax treaties with whatever country he is from, he can still do it. On his side, he can claim it or not, depending if his gov from his country cares about international income.

It’s a w-8ben-e form he needs to sign. Even if there aren’t any tax treaties with whatever country he is from, he can still do it. On his side, he can claim it or not, depending if his gov from his country cares about international income.
Hopefully no chargeback. Hard to re-coop from out of the country?

Back