How to deal with insurance company after accident

When you submit your car to a collision repair company, they conduct a thorough inspection to assess the working condition of all components. They then prepare a detailed report outlining the status of each part. Once you've reviewed and signed this inspection report, they proceed with the necessary repairs. If you haven't received this report, there may be concerns about transparency, and undisclosed issues could be affecting your car.

Having a detailed inspection report is crucial, as it serves as evidence of the working condition of your car components, such as the starter of your car. If everything was reported as functioning correctly, you have a basis to claim those $1000 for any issues that arise which are earlier not present.

If your car insurance company is reputable, it's advisable to contact their customer support. Explain the situation, and if needed, reach out to the representatives who initially discussed the car insurance policy with you. They are likely to assist you, as customer satisfaction is crucial in the insurance industry. Remember, as customers, we contribute to their business, so they will definitely help us.
Nonsense. It was an 8 year old battery. Unless someone cranked the engine for a godforesaken period of time without the engine starting the failure was not part of the collision. I've worked auto repair, collision repair, and insurance sales and claims. There is no such report that you refer to.

When you submit your car to a collision repair company, they conduct a thorough inspection to assess the working condition of all components. They then prepare a detailed report outlining the status of each part. Once you've reviewed and signed this inspection report, they proceed with the necessary repairs. If you haven't received this report, there may be concerns about transparency, and undisclosed issues could be affecting your car.

Having a detailed inspection report is crucial, as it serves as evidence of the working condition of your car components, such as the starter of your car. If everything was reported as functioning correctly, you have a basis to claim those $1000 for any issues that arise which are earlier not present.

If your car insurance company is reputable, it's advisable to contact their customer support. Explain the situation, and if needed, reach out to the representatives who initially discussed the car insurance policy with you. They are likely to assist you, as customer satisfaction is crucial in the insurance industry. Remember, as customers, we contribute to their business, so they will definitely help us.

Thanks, RolfGPT

My car met with an accident early January. The doors were slammed and the person who hit our car admitted his fault and confirmed his insurance will take care of expense. This is what happened (Timeline).

1. Mid January: I started looking for collision companies to repair doors.
  2. Late January: I got appointment for quote from collision company
  3. Late January: I told insurance, that I will need rental car as my cars doors are not getting fully locked. After lot of back and forth they gave me rental car.
  4. Collison company told me it will take 2-3 months to repair my car.
  5. Mid February: I gave my car for repair to Collision company.
  6. Early May: I got my car back & my car's battery was dead. Upon request Collison company gave me a new battery.
  7. Now we ran into another issue where my Starter of my car stopped working and I paid close to $1000 to replace the starter.
Mechanic who repaired it told me, there is a good chance that a weak battery caused the Starter to fail. but there is no way to conclusively prove it.

When I gave my car to collision company, it had no issues. But now I am seeing these issues. Insurance is now saying prove that the starter failed due to accident. What are my options and how can I get Arlington Haights auto accident attorneys and insurance company to pay for these repairs ?

Is it a good idea to reach out to a
Detroit car accident lawyer?
Sorry for bumping thread but I wanna share my opinion. In your situation, it's understandable to feel frustrated by the additional issues that arose after the accident and repairs. Firstly, gather any documentation related to the accident, repairs, and subsequent issues with your car. This includes communication with the collision company, mechanic invoices, and any statements from the person at fault or their insurance company.

It's advisable to consult with a lawyer specializing in personal injury and car accidents. They can assess your case, review the evidence, and determine the best course of action. A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and help you navigate the process of proving that the starter failure was a result of the accident.

Ensure you provide all relevant information and cooperate fully with your lawyer to strengthen your case and maximize your chances of receiving compensation for the additional repairs.

Last edited:
Back