How to Filter Out Wireless Numbers?

I'm currently filtering my own list from the dnc list but the only issue I'm having is filtering the wireless numbers from my list. I've been looking all over the place to find a source on how to do that but I haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do that, or a source that can do it for me?

Last edited:
I'm currently filtering my own list from the dnc list but the only issue I'm having is filtering the wireless numbers from my list. I've been looking all over the place to find a source on how to do that but I haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do that, or a source that can do it for me?

That's probably the biggest problem with the law itself. The best process I'm aware of is to get access to the ported list from NeuStar (that's going to run about $1,300 I think) which will let you know who went from cell phone to landline and landline to wireless. Then you'll also need a wireless block identifier list (one is named "Wireless Block Identifier". Then you need to take that information and have someone that knows how to handle large databases run the comparisons.... and do that no less than every 15 days.

I've toyed with the idea of launching a product that would do all of this, but just the reseller agreement with NeuStar means I'd have to charge at least a thousand bucks a year PER CLIENT just to do that and most of the marketers I know aren't really willing to cough that up.

There are some companies that offer this as a one-off, but most of the solutions for this are for companies with huge marketing budgets or doing it on a small scale, not individuals marketers making lots of small calls.

That's probably the biggest problem with the law itself. The best process I'm aware of is to get access to the ported list from NeuStar (that's going to run about $1,300 I think) which will let you know who went from cell phone to landline and landline to wireless. Then you'll also need a wireless block identifier list (one is named "Wireless Block Identifier". Then you need to take that information and have someone that knows how to handle large databases run the comparisons.... and do that no less than every 15 days. I've toyed with the idea of launching a product that would do all of this, but just the reseller agreement with NeuStar means I'd have to charge at least a thousand bucks a year PER CLIENT just to do that and most of the marketers I know aren't really willing to cough that up. There are some companies that offer this as a one-off, but most of the solutions for this are for companies with huge marketing budgets or doing it on a small scale, not individuals marketers making lots of small calls.

Josh,

Are your lists scrubbed from the wireless numbers ?

Josh,

Are your lists scrubbed from the wireless numbers ?

About every two weeks we clean through it. When ListShack.com | Unlimited Sales Leads launched we actually listed at TCPA compliant because of our process, but we found out the system we were using was still letting a few slip through. I've since changed our process and I believe it's the best system available for scrubbing it, but if we're actually doing scrubs vs working our own lists folks would need to buy in on some licensing. Because we clean our own lists then sell them we're fine, but ultimately you can't rely on your list broker for that type of compliance (courts found a marketer liable for DNC violations even thought he list broker claimed to have scrubbed them; DNC is part of the same law as the cell phone stuff, the TCPA). In order to have a system in place you could really take to court you'd need to probably demonstrate that you as a marketer were doing your own compliance. So we do still remove almost 100% of cell phones, but that won't amount to a sack of dirt in court.

If you do call someone on a cell phone you need to demonstrate you had permission to call them. On the other hand, they have to prove you called them using a dialer, so as long as you don't confess, legally you probably don't have much to worry about. There are a lot of agents and marketers simply ignoring the law.

Latest posts

Back