hyperparathyroidism

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Don't really know much about this but I got one declined today and wanted to know is this normally decline or which carrier

I have many many clients with thyroid meds, Some with hyperthyroid some Hypothyroid, Has never ever been issue

is parathyroidism a different and more serious class?

I haven't spoke with her yet since the decline, She doesn't even take a levothyroxine so I don't know what the deal is yet

As far as I got she takes 2 BP's and traz for sleep so I didn't know she had any thyroid issues Just got this from the carrier as reason for decline

Wanted to know a little more before I call her, Because I never heard of thyroid of any sort being an underwriting issue

Don't really know much about this but I got one declined today and wanted to know is this normally decline or which carrier

I have many many clients with thyroid meds, Some with hyperthyroid some Hypothyroid, Has never ever been issue

is parathyroidism a different and more serious class?

I haven't spoke with her yet since the decline, She doesn't even take a levothyroxine so I don't know what the deal is yet

As far as I got she takes 2 BP's and traz for sleep so I didn't know she had any thyroid issues Just got this from the carrier as reason for decline

Wanted to know a little more before I call her, Because I never heard of thyroid of any sort being an underwriting issue

It can be a big one or it can be nothing. And typically, they don't take a thyroid med, its totally different than the actual thyroid. Which makes no sense, but it is. Hypo/Hyper is typically fine, if its controlled and not due to cancer (which you wouldn't submit the app on anyway)

I would just ask her and tell her the reason is parathyroid and they are worried about long term claims. Does she have it and they haven't removed it yet? Or did they just remove it?

If she had it out 10 years ago with no issues since then, I would look at another carrier. If she's got it but hasn't had it removed, she's SOL.

It can be a big one or it can be nothing. And typically, they don't take a thyroid med, its totally different than the actual thyroid. Which makes no sense, but it is. Hypo/Hyper is typically fine, if its controlled and not due to cancer (which you wouldn't submit the app on anyway)

I would just ask her and tell her the reason is parathyroid and they are worried about long term claims. Does she have it and they haven't removed it yet? Or did they just remove it?

If she had it out 10 years ago with no issues since then, I would look at another carrier. If she's got it but hasn't had it removed, she's SOL.

Got it sounds reasonable

Back